Composite Panel Building Systems’ products are inherently ‘green’ products offering dramatic energy savings. The C-SIP Wall Panel System and the C-SIS Sheathing System create an extremely air tight building envelope that eliminates thermal transfers anywhere across the wall surface area and deliver stellar energy performance with high insulating whole-wall R-values. The fundamental green building strengths of CPBS include all of these benefits and more:
- Meets and Exceeds 2015 Energy Codes – EnergyCodes.gov – by cutting energy consumption with high performance foam insulation and by significantly reducing air infiltration.
- Sustainable and Reusable Materials – non-toxic polyurethane foam is not only the highest performing foam, it can be recycled into carpet padding. Recycled composite FRT skins are also used as high value content in new building materials.
- Moisture Management – even with the use of ‘green’ materials a building can be subject to the devastating effects of moisture in different forms. Moisture, if not properly managed, can severely damage a building as well as create health related issues from unseen or undetected mold growth. CPBS building products have integrated moisture management materials and application components that were designed to reduce water and vapor penetration to insignificant, trace amounts.
- Indoor Environmental Quality – Energy savings and sustainability are critical performance factors but many buildings have poor indoor air quality which physically harms the occupants. CPBS building systems are designed to maximize control over air infiltration allowing the HVAC system to efficiently manage ventilation and control air quality inside the building.
- Waste Free Construction – C-SIP panels and C-SIS sheathing are pre-engineered and built to each customer’s exact dimensional requirements in a tightly controlled plant environment limiting waste in the factory and on the job site.
- Tax Credits and Energy Incentives – CPBS products enable builders and homeowners to achieve tax credits and energy saving incentives with their high energy performance capabilities – for a list of your State’s tax credits and incentives visit the DSIRE Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency at dsireusa.org.
- Low Global Warming Potential and Ozone Depletion Probability – CPBS uses polyurethane foam which has a zero Ozone Depletion Probability (ODP) and is not considered a Volatile Organic Compound (VOC), making CPBS’s product both safe for humans and the environment.
Using CPBS products also enables performance certification for multiple certification authorities – USGBC – LEED for Homes, NAHB Green Building Standard as well as compliance with EarthCraft and other regional green building standards. See the points table on the next page for specific point availability that profile how CPBS building products earn points in multiple categories for both of these major Green Building programs.